Accueil|Rechercher|Plan du site|Contact
• Vers l'international
Name of the Institution
Institut de l'OratoireCode NAF : 8542 Z
2 rue de l'oratoire
tel : +(33) 472 106 900
N° SIRET : 779 675 164 000 15
N° Trainer : 826 903 286 69
Erasmus Code : F Caluire01
Head : Thierry Chevallier
Person in charge with ECTS : Thierry Chevallier
General description of the institution
The Institut de l'Oratoire is a European Post-graduate institution for Pedagogical Training and Research. It was asserted a Post-Graduate Institution on the 22nd of October 1969. It is ruled under the 12th of July 1875 Law. The students benefit from the dispositions of the 23rd of September 1948 Law and the 5th of August 1970 Decree.
The legal organisation of the Institut de l'Oratoire is an association under the 1901 French Law, which allowed the institute to receive financial supports from the government and the Local Authorities.
As a training school for the teachers of the private schools ruled by a governmental agreement, the institute is appointed by both the Minister of Education and the Catholic Board of Education. The teachers who are answerable to one of the three Boards of Education in the districts of Ain, Loire and Rhone are trained here. The institute organises the curriculum for the first-year vocational trainees (university degree Master 1- PE1) who have to take a test at the end of the school year. The institute trains the second-year trainees (university degree Master 2- PE2) to obtain their qualifications as school teachers.
The institute is linked to other training centres in Grand Sud (Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Grenoble, Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon and Dijon) and to other associations such as ANCFP and AFICFP and to the Catholic University of Lyon through an agreement of cooperation.
The training curricula are established according to the texts published by the Ministry of Education (December 19th 2006 Decree) and to the Erasmus requirements and to the ECTS list of subjects.
The Institut de l'Oratoire allows teachers to obtain further qualifications to be able to teach handicapped children. The CAPA-SH and 2CA-SH qualifications may be prepared alternatively. This training will take the ECTS demands into account from the school year 2008-2009 on.
The institute organises life-long training for teachers, team training in primary schools and individual training for primary schoolteachers. Thanks to the MEDIATEC, the resource centre of the Institut, the team of trainers is implied in a research process. It also offers the teachers the opportunity to brush up their own knowledge, to improve their transdisciplinarian approaches and to develop their didactic techniques, their approach of know-how and self-esteem . It supervises research and action teams too. It organises lectures on educational, didactical and pedagogical topics. It publishes articles related to professional training for teachers in primary schools and deals with professional questions about their daily experience through a thought-over analysis.
The asserted curricula correspond to the 19th of December 2007 Decree, which frames the initial training for teachers.
The training is planned on a two-year basis divided into four semesters.
- A Post-Graduate degree Master 1 : the first two semesters are mainly intended as a training to the final exam. They give students the opportunity to improve their background in general subjects as required for a future primary schoolteacher.
- A Post-Graduate degree Master 2 : the semesters 3 and 4 put the emphasis on the vocational aspect of the training. They complement the general university subjects and they contribute to the development of professional skills during the training-course period.
The curriculum is described in subsidiary booklets.
Admission and application procedures
The process of admission to the training centre is strictly linked to the process of recruiting state-paid teachers.
* The admission to the first year (Master 1) is set into three steps :
1. Step one: The admission is set up by the three Diocesan Authorities of Bourg, Lyon and Saint Etienne, appointed by the schools to recruit their future teachers. The applicants are interviewed by a jury composed of some headmasters and of the Diocesan manager or his substitute. The selected applicants must obtain approval from the Diocesan Authorities.
2. Step two: The selected applicants are required to take wrtitten tests in Maths, French and Foreign Languages ( English, German, Italian or Spanish) at the Institut de l'Oratoire. The admission is established according to the results.
3. Step three : The selected applicants are interviewed for the second time at the Institu de l'Oratoire. Each jury is then composed of teacher trainers and appointed school teachers.
* The admission in second year (Master 2) will be possible for the students who have passed the exam organised by the Ministry of Education to recruit state-paid teachers. It is worth noting that the first year in training is not compulsory according to the official texts. Some students may be directly admitted into the second year of training.
* As for Erasmus students, a training program may be adapted to them according to their social and professional background and to their university degree. This is all the more possible as the teaching units of the four semesters are independent from one another. Any unit may be chosen in semester 1,2,3 or 4.
Each French student in the Institut de l'Oratoire is in charge with his or her own accommodation. For Erasmus students, the Institut will spot the most suitable accommodation and connect the student with the landlord.
Working hour : The institute is closed at night from 7pm to 8 am.
Meals : the institute offers catering services. Tickets may be bought at the financial department (about 4 euros a full meal). Students may also bring their own food. A room is available for the students from 8 am to 7 pm.
Sport : There are no sport facilities at the institute but many of them are available in town, within a 20 minutes' ride from the institute (by bus or underground).
Access : The institute is fitted with the necessary equipment to welcome persons with restricted mobility.
Use of the Information and Communication Technology : computers may be used freely in the two computer rooms devoted to the students of the institute. A photocopying and printing service is also available (for a fixed sum of 30 euros a year)
The secretary will provide useful assistance when health service is required or for any other handy information .
A grant may be awarded to provide for the rent.
In-school training is compulsory as a part of the curriculum. The periods are entirely determined by the institute as well as the choice of the schools and the planning.
An insurance fee is paid for by the institute to insure all the activities linked to the teaching. As for civil liability, which is compulsory in France, each student must provide for their own insurance, for all extracurricular activities.
|©2010 ORATOIRE et ICT / ICOLEIS|